A big thank you to Drea from Travels With Drea for nominating me for a Liebster Award! You can explore her fantastic blog right here. It is both an honor to be recognized and great chance to promote some fellow bloggers.
What is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It’s an opportunity for new bloggers to introduce themselves and highlight their work by answering a few questions. They pay it forward by recognizing 10 others, and creating 10 questions for them to answer.
My answers to Drea’s questions:
1. Why did you start your travel blog?
I had to start this blog, as I have been a travel addict for some time now and needed an outlet! I hope sharing our experiences will be inspirational and provide useful tips to our readers.
2. If you could go to any place in the world, where would that be and why?
Besides everywhere, the first place that comes to mind is Africa, to go on a safari. Other than a short trip to Morocco, we haven’t been to Africa, and photos and stories of other travelers experiences there are so amazing.
3. What are your top 3 must have items when traveling?
iPhone, my Macbook Air, and lip balm.
4. What was your favourite place that you have visited?
Monterchi, a beautiful little hill town on the Tuscany/Umbria border. It was our first time in the region, and we were there with my parents and my brother and his wife. We rented a villa at the top of the hill which was built from the ruins of a former castle. At the end of each warm, busy day of exploring, we returned to the villa and cooled off in our fantastic pool with a stunning view of the countryside.
5. If money was not a factor, what would be your dream job?
Probably what I’m doing now, working as a graphic designer and travel blogger, except I would be delighted that money was not a factor! We enjoy what we do and much of the year we are able to work remotely. Have laptop, will travel!
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
I would like to “test drive” living in a variety of places. In Canada, if our home base wasn’t Calgary then I would like to try Victoria, British Columbia. Southern Spain I love for the weather and Spanish culture, and New York City or Paris for big city life.
7. Who is your favourite travel blogger?
The first travel blogger I came across and who has inspired me is Chris Guillebeau. Even though we have been traveling for years, travel bloggers weren’t really on my radar until I came across his website. His stories of his RTW travels and travel-hacking strategies really opened my eyes to the possibilities. Now there are many I enjoy, including The Planet D who are fellow Canadians, The Gypsynesters because I can relate closely to their stage of life and I love their sense of humor, and many other fellow Boomer Bloggers.
8. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone who has never traveled before?
Stop dreaming and do it! If you really want to travel, it’s within reach of most people if you make a plan and prioritize. Life is short and the world is such an awesome place.
9. What do you do to overcome writer’s block?
I work better under pressure, so a deadline helps. Writers block isn’t so much a problem for me, as is getting easily distracted by other things, such as social media or reading other peoples blogs. I’m a list-maker, so when I have a post idea I add it to a list, and I have lots of options if I’m ever stuck.
10. Who inspires you?
Our amazing daughters who have also inherited our curiosity about the world. I just dropped off one daughter at the airport this morning to visit the other daughter in Seoul, Korea. When we tell them our dreams they usually advise us to stop talking about it and do it. Also my wonderful husband Darrell, who is my willing travel accomplice, photographer, and supporter of whatever I’m doing. When I tell him about my latest plan to for us to go here or there, he usually answers “book it!” (sometimes followed by “I don’t know where the money is coming from…” but still)
The following bloggers are my Liebster Award nominees:
- Susan from Solo Trips And Tips
- Emily from Lets Roam Wild
- Kay from Blonde Brunette Travel
- Natalie and Robson from Love and Road
- AnnMarie from Fate with Fernweh
- Megan from Wanderlust Megan
- Jay and Gretta from Traveling Islanders
- Will from I Will Travel
- Karyn from Not Done Travelling
- Jenny from A Thing for Wor(l)ds
And here are your 10 questions:
- Tell us something surprising about yourself.
- What’s your favorite travel tip?
- What’s the most memorable food you’ve tried on your travels?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Where is your favorite off-the-beaten path location?
- Has a movie or book ever inspired you to travel?
- Have your travels taken you outside your comfort zone?
- Is your travel style luxury or budget?
- If you weren’t blogging about travel, what would you blog about?
When you have answered the questions, please share the link from your blog in the comment section below. Thanks for participating and share the love!